Friday, August 21, 2009

Close Examination

Ezekiel 20
37 “I will examine you carefully and hold you to the terms of the covenant. 38 I will purge you of all those who rebel and revolt against me. I will bring them out of the countries where they are in exile, but they will never enter the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the LORD.”


God is pronouncing His judgment on the people of Israel in this passage. I wonder if God carefully examined the church in America today whether we would be found to be in compliance with the new covenant under which we are supposed to live? I wonder how we can dare to suppose that judgment is not due us? Every day as I read through this section in the Chronological One year Bible and as I finish up reading, “The Hole In Our Gospel” I am saddened and convicted. I am not passing judgment, because I am guilty, too. May God have mercy on us and may we return to Him fully.

No comments: