Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Living the Light of Love

1 John 2

  9
If anyone claims, “I am living in the light,” but hates a Christian brother or sister, that person is still living in darkness. 10 Anyone who loves another brother or sister is living in the light and does not cause others to stumble. 11 But anyone who hates another brother or sister is still living and walking in darkness. Such a person does not know the way to go, having been blinded by the darkness.


John is known as the Apostle of Love. What a transformation to have gone from a “son of thunder” to the Apostle of Love! Yet John practiced what he preached. As he reminds those of us who want to live in the LIGHT of Christ that we are to love one another, may I be reminded today to love like Jesus loves. December 1st is International Aids Awareness Day. Countless numbers of Christians (and non-Christians) around the globe are suffering with this terrible disease, and many will die this day! Father, may my love for people not just be limited to saying prayers from the safety of my pitiful little existence, but may I step out of my comfort zone and show love not just to brothers and sisters in Christ, but to lost and dying people wherever You would have me to be on any day of the year.

No comments: