Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Real Party

Revelation 21


1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the old heaven and the old earth had disappeared. And the sea was also gone. 2 And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven like a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

3 I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them. 4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.”

How I long for this day. I know that I am called to remain faithful until the end. I know that I must hold steadfastly to the teachings of Christ. I know that I must live out my faith every day of my life. I also know that when all is said and done, the Lord God Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth, Author of Life will bring me into His Holy Presence and I will have the privilege of living there with Him forever. Now, as much as I have looked forward to, and enjoyed our family cruise this week...not even that could compare to my longing for the day when I am allowed the privilege of living in the very presence of God! I know that God is with me now through the presence of the Holy Spirit, and I am grateful for that. However, when I am physically in the presence of my God...well, then we can get the real party started!

No comments: