Sunday, December 19, 2010

Praise God Always

Psalm 138


1 I give you thanks, O Lord, with all my heart;

I will sing your praises before the gods.

2 I bow before your holy Temple as I worship.

I praise your name for your unfailing love and faithfulness;

for your promises are backed

by all the honor of your name.


May my lips be filled with the praises of God my King, and may my life reflect that attitude of praise always! In this Psalm, David acknowledges that although he is surrounded by his enemies, God is faithful and will protect him. I want to have the attitude of David and the attitude of Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, who told the Babylonian King that they would not bow down to the big statue/idol, even under threat of being thrown in the firey furnace. They knew that God could rescue them. They also proclaimed that even if God chose not to rescue them, they would only serve Him. Now, THAT is praise in the face of the fire for real! I will bow before the God Who is able, knowing that my life is in His hands anyway. May He be praised always!

No comments: