Sunday, December 12, 2010

Someone's Knocking At The Door

Revelation 3


20 “Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends. 21 Those who are victorious will sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat with my Father on his throne.”


One of the most misused passages of Scripture is Revelation 3:21. This is written to the CHURCH at Laodicia (you know, the same one that Jesus said He would spit out of His mouth, because they were neither hot nor cold)! This is NOT an evangelistic passage, it is a teaching passage for Christians who need to get back on track. Jesus desires to be close with us, to fellowship with us, to share a meal with us if you will. Jesus wants to be our friend. We must desire to be His friend as well. For those who hang with Jesus, a victory over sin and (spiritual) death is promised. Look, Jesus wants us to be His friend. He desires a close personal relationship with us. He’s knocking on the door. As Christians, it should be a no-brainer to eagerly desire to let Him in!

No comments: