Sunday, December 5, 2010

Proper Priority

1 John 5


21 Dear children, keep away from anything that might take God’s place in your hearts.


John could not put it any more plainly than this. As followers of Christ, we need to keep away from anything that might take God’s place in our hearts. In my walk with Christ over these past couple of decades, I am doing better at this, but I still have a ways to go in some respects. I do try to make sure that NOTHING takes the place of God on the throne in my life. It is not easy, but it is becoming easier. Learning to be content, and learning that life on this planet is temporary are the keys. I am so glad to have learned those keys. My life is so much more fulfilled because of it. May I stay focused on my Savior, and may everything else be thrown on the rubbish heap of this life.

No comments: