Tuesday, September 14, 2010

There Is Only One Good News

Galatians 1


6 I am shocked that you are turning away so soon from God, who called you to himself through the loving mercy of Christ. You are following a different way that pretends to be the Good News 7 but is not the Good News at all. You are being fooled by those who deliberately twist the truth concerning Christ.

8 Let God’s curse fall on anyone, including us or even an angel from heaven, who preaches a different kind of Good News than the one we preached to you. 9 I say again what we have said before: If anyone preaches any other Good News than the one you welcomed, let that person be cursed.

10 Obviously, I’m not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ’s servant.


So many people hear the Good News and then leave for a denominational church. It boggles my mind. How can anyone who has heard the Whole Gospel then settle for a partial gospel? I have dear friends who have done this. They leave because they like the music over here better, or because there is some non-essential that is being taught that better suits their tastes. I know that my saying these things won’t make some people including some friends very happy, but I am not trying to win the approval of people. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ’s servant. May I please the Lord always by preaching and teaching the One True Gospel.

No comments: