Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Clogging Up God's Ears

Isaiah 59


1 Listen! The Lord’s arm is not too weak to save you,

nor is his ear too deaf to hear you call.

2 It’s your sins that have cut you off from God.

Because of your sins, he has turned away

and will not listen anymore.


My sins clog up God’s hears. Not literally, of course, but why should I expect God to listen to my prayers when I have unrepented sin in my life? I mean, in this passage, God is talking to His people. We know from other passages of Scripture that God does not listen to the prayers of those who do not love and obey Him. So, if I have sin in my life from which I have not repented, those sins clog up God’s ears. He does not listen to my prayers until I have repented of my sins and turned back to Him. The Lord is plenty strong enough to save me, and He does want to listen to my prayers. I just need to make sure that I am in a right position with God before daring to try to talk with Him through prayer.

No comments: