Sunday, September 19, 2010

Get My Praise On Big Time!

Psalm 63


1 O God, you are my God;

I earnestly search for you.

My soul thirsts for you;

my whole body longs for you

in this parched and weary land

where there is no water.

2 I have seen you in your sanctuary

and gazed upon your power and glory.

3 Your unfailing love is better than life itself;

how I praise you!

4 I will praise you as long as I live,

lifting up my hands to you in prayer.

5 You satisfy me more than the richest feast.

I will praise you with songs of joy.


If David can write the words of praise to God while he was in the wilderness being chased by King Saul, then how could I praise the Lord any less just because the minor annoyances of my life are flaring up again? What an ingrate I would have to be! No, may my lips and my life be filled with praise for my Lord and Savior, my God and my King!

No comments: