Monday, September 13, 2010

Salvation is Here

Isaiah 12


1 In that day you will sing:

“I will praise you, O Lord!

You were angry with me, but not any more.

Now you comfort me.

2 See, God has come to save me.

I will trust in him and not be afraid.

The Lord God is my strength and my song;

he has given me victory.”


Much of what we have read so far in Isaiah is quite frankly depressing. Judah and Israel have both gone far astray, and God’s wrath is pouring down upon them. God’s people have prostituted themselves with idol worship, and have rejected the One True God. Isaiah has been given the unenviable task of telling those stubborn people what awaits them at the Hand of God. However, even in the midst of “lowering the boom,” Isaiah finds time for praise because he knows that God’s Salvation is coming. Even when times look dark and foreboding, I will praise my Lord because Salvation is Here!

No comments: