Thursday, September 2, 2010

Rejecting God's Marvelous Gift

2 Corinthians 6

1 As God’s partners, we beg you not to accept this marvelous gift of God’s kindness and then ignore it. 2 For God says,
“At just the right time, I heard you.

On the day of salvation, I helped you.”
Indeed, the “right time” is now.
Today is the day of salvation.

Nothing breaks my heart quicker than to see someone who knows the Truth of the Gospel turn their backs on that Truth and head away from God in their lifestyle. Having been in student ministry for over 23 years now, I have, unfortunately, seen more than my fair share of such occurrences. Students, who were once “on fire” for the Lord, allowed that flame to burn out, being distracted by the thing of this world, and neglecting to spend time in God’s Word each day. It is easy to move away from God when you don’t spend any time with Him. How anyone could throw away the precious gift of their salvation for the temporary pleasures of this world still boggles my mind, but satan is crafty at distraction and destruction. I must be more vigilant in sounding the alarm against his schemes, and loving people to Jesus in such a manner that they would never dream of leaving their Lord and Savior.

No comments: