Friday, September 17, 2010

Saving Belief

Galatians 3


22 But the Scriptures declare that we are all prisoners of sin, so we receive God’s promise of freedom only by believing in Jesus Christ.


It is not by following a set of “religious rules” that we are saved from our sins, it is by the precious Blood of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! It is not by simply acknowledging that Jesus is God’s Son that we are saved, it is by believing in Him and living accordingly. As Romans 6:3-ff remind us, we come into contact with Jesus’ death, burial, and resurrection when we are baptized into Christ. Without a belief in Jesus to start with, we would just be getting wet. May my belief in Christ be seen in the way I live my life now that I have obeyed Jesus in baptism. May I lead others to a saving relationship with Jesus because of the way I lead my life!

No comments: