Saturday, September 18, 2010

Relationship not Religion

Isaiah 29


13 And so the Lord says,

“These people say they are mine.

They honor me with their lips,

but their hearts are far from me.

And their worship of me

is nothing but man-made rules learned by rote.

14 Because of this, I will once again astound these hypocrites

with amazing wonders.

The wisdom of the wise will pass away,

and the intelligence of the intelligent will disappear.”


Jesus quotes this passage when getting after the “religious leaders” of His day. God is not interested in a memorized by rote religion. He is interested in a real relationship with His people. Lord, may I seek that real relationship with You every day, and may I never be satisfied with memorizing rules thinking that this will be pleasing to You. Let my life be one of love for the people You love and sent Your Son Jesus to save.

No comments: