Thursday, September 9, 2010

Not Swayed By Foolishness of this Word

Isaiah 5


20 What sorrow for those who say

that evil is good and good is evil,

that dark is light and light is dark,

that bitter is sweet and sweet is bitter.

21 What sorrow for those who are wise in their own eyes

and think themselves so clever.


Psalm 53

1 Only fools say in their hearts,

“There is no God.”

They are corrupt, and their actions are evil;

not one of them does good!


These passages mirror one another in sentiment this morning. So many foolish people out there who think they have it all figured out. They think themselves so clever, when in reality they are simply fools! May I never be swayed by them, and may I keep my eyes focused on Christ always. May I shine the light of Jesus in a community darkened by sin, and may people who are around me for any length of time see the love of Jesus working in and through my life.

No comments: