Saturday, September 25, 2010

God is the Source of Salvation

Isaiah 45


22 Let all the world look to me for salvation!

For I am God; there is no other.

23 I have sworn by my own name;

I have spoken the truth,

and I will never go back on my word:

Every knee will bend to me,

and every tongue will confess allegiance to me.”


So, when the Jews heard these words from the prophet Isaiah, why didn’t they understand that salvation was coming even for the Gentiles? How blind must they have been to what God’s Word was saying to them? How set in their ways? How could they try to keep putting God in the box they made for Him? How guilty are we of doing the same kinds of things today? I LOVE what God says in verse 11 of this chapter: 11 This is what the Lord says—

the Holy One of Israel and your Creator:

“Do you question what I do for my children?

Do you give me orders about the work of my hands?”


Who am I to question what God does, or how He does it? Who am I question for whom God’s blessings will fall? Why would I try to keep those blessings to myself, when they are clearly intended for everyone? Why would I be so presumptuous to think that only people who think like me could find favor with God? No, God will make the decision about who gets to be in His family. His Word is clear about the requirements to join His family, but He is God and just because I may think someone has fallen short of those requirements, doesn’t mean that God thinks so. He judges the heart, He extends the invitation, and I will welcome all who accept that invitation with open arms.

No comments: