Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Everything is written

2 Kings 16

19 The rest of the events in Ahaz’s reign and everything he did are recorded in The Book of the History of the Kings of Judah.


2 Chronicles 28:26 is the parallel passage to this verse. It strikes me today that as each of these kings’ stories come to an end in the Bible, a reference is made to everything they did being recorded in the Book of the History of the Kingts of Judah or Israel. Everything I have ever doen or ever will do is written down in a book about me in heaven. It will be revealed some day, and that is NOT a comforting thought. I do take comfort in knowing that Christ’s Blood has covered all the ugliness in my book and that all I need be concerned with now is the fact that my name is written in the Lamb’s Book of Life. Whew!

No comments: