Monday, June 22, 2009

Dealing With Sins

Amos 7

7 Then he showed me another vision. I saw the Lord standing beside a wall that had been built using a plumb line. He was using a plumb line to see if it was still straight. 8 And the Lord said to me, “Amos, what do you see?”

I answered, “A plumb line.”

And the Lord replied, “I will test my people with this plumb line. I will no longer ignore all their sins.


Under the New Covenant, our sins are not ignored, either. They are covered by the Blood of Jesus Christ. When we accept Jesus as our LORD and Savior, repenting of our sins, confessing Jesus as Lord, and are buried with Him in the watery grave of Baptism, raised into a newness of life, those sins are gone forever! This past weekend VCC saw four more people baptized into Christ, their sins washed away. Jesus is the Plumb Line, and when we clothe ourselves with Christ (Galatians 3:27), our sins are no more. Once we enter that new life in Christ, our sins are forgiven and forgotten when we repent of them, and ask God to cleanse us from those sins. I am SO GLAD that I live under the New Covenant with God!!!!

No comments: