Friday, June 5, 2009

Turn Your heart From The Lord

1 Kings 11

1 Now King Solomon loved many foreign women. Besides Pharaoh’s daughter, he married women from Moab, Ammon, Edom, Sidon, and from among the Hittites. 2 The Lord had clearly instructed the people of Israel, ‘You must not marry them, because they will turn your hearts to their gods.’ Yet Solomon insisted on loving them anyway. 3 He had 700 wives of royal birth and 300 concubines. And in fact, they did turn his heart away from the Lord.



Isn’t it funny how when we ignore God’s Word, our heart turns away from the Lord? Hmmm. I know that when I allow myself to get “too busy” to spend time in the Word each day, my heart drifts. Even knowing that, I find myself in a battle on many days…a battle to get back into the Word. Solomon is said to be the wisest man who ever lived, yet he rebelled against God and allowed his heart to drift because of his own selfish desires. Lord, forgive me of my selfish desires. Help me to be part of a new generation and a near revival based on selfless faith.

No comments: