Thursday, June 25, 2009

Turn to God Daily

2 Chronicles 28

22 Even during this time of trouble, King Ahaz continued to reject the Lord. 23 He offered sacrifices to the gods of Damascus who had defeated him, for he said, “Since these gods helped the kings of Aram, they will help me, too, if I sacrifice to them.” But instead, they led to his ruin and the ruin of all Judah.


How often I have behaved like Ahaz! Why is it that I am so stubborn? Why do I so often refuse to turn to God, in the good times and in the bad times? It sickens me. I have asked for forgiveness for this sin, and I am striving to do better. I want to turn my face towards God every day, bask in His goodness and mercy, and give Him the praise and honor He deserves. I want to give Him my very life. When I fail to do so, it leads to my ruin. May my life be in You, Lord every day from this day forward!

No comments: