Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Fully Rely on God

2 Chronicles 16

9a “For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him….”


Oh, but if that was the total message to Asa, King of Judah that day. Alas, the King did not fully rely on God, but instead made a treaty with a neighboring king. The rest of that verse reads: “You have done a foolish thing, and from now on you will be at war."
When we refuse to totally rely on God and instead make a treaty with those of this world, we indeed experience the war that rages for our very souls! May this stop being the case with me. May I place my total trust in Jesus, My Lord. May I stop trying to make treaties with folks of this world, and may God be glorified by my decisions each day.

No comments: