Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Worship Themes

2 Chronicles 29

11 “My sons, do not neglect your duties any longer! The Lord has chosen you to stand in his presence, to minister to him, and to lead the people in worship and present offerings to him.”


King Hezekiah is giving instructions to the Levites as he is trying to bring Judah back to repentance before the Lord. As a worship guy myself these days, these words hit home. I truly believe that I have been called by the Lord to stand in His presence, to minister to Him, and to lead the people in worship of the One True God. That doesn’t always mean singing happy songs. Sometimes it means to bring people to a place of sorrow and repentance. Sometimes, that means bringing them to a place of peace and quiet and solitude and reflection. Sometimes it means to bring them to a place of rejoicing, clapping and celebrating. Lord, help me to be faithful in my call to bring people to truly worship You!

No comments: