Sunday, July 26, 2009

My Jesus

Isaiah 53
1 Who has believed our message?
To whom has the LORD revealed his powerful arm?
2 My servant grew up in the LORD’s presence like a tender green shoot,
like a root in dry ground.
There was nothing beautiful or majestic about his appearance,
nothing to attract us to him.
3 He was despised and rejected—
a man of sorrows, acquainted with deepest grief.
We turned our backs on him and looked the other way.
He was despised, and we did not care.
4 Yet it was our weaknesses he carried;
it was our sorrows that weighed him down.
And we thought his troubles were a punishment from God,
a punishment for his own sins!
5 But he was pierced for our rebellion,
crushed for our sins.
He was beaten so we could be whole.
He was whipped so we could be healed.


This morning, our Celebration Service focused on God’s Spiritual Stimulus Plan – Champions. Isaiah paints the picture of the Champion of the Universe: nothing beautiful or majestic about His appearance…despised and rejected…a man of sorrows…carrying our weakness, our sorrows…pierced for our rebellion…beaten so we could be whole…whipped so we could be healed.

That, my friends, is a far different picture of a
Champion than one that the world would paint. That, my friends, is the picture of my Jesus. Not some pretty blue eyed, Caucasian-type dude, but a non-descript guy physically Who took my sins upon Himself so that I could spend eternity with God. Reminds me of a Derek Webb song…”My Jesus” Check out the You Tube video: Which Jesus Do You Follow

No comments: