Friday, July 10, 2009

The Awe-Inspiring Name of God

Psalm 111

1 Praise the Lord!

I will thank the Lord with all my heart
as I meet with his godly people.

9 He has paid a full ransom for his people.
He has guaranteed his covenant with them forever.
What a holy, awe-inspiring name he has!
10 Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true wisdom.
All who obey his commandments will grow in wisdom.


I praise God today as I think about the ransom paid for my sins in the Person of Jesus. I praise God today as I look forward to this coming Lord’s Day and the chance to meet with godly people proclaiming the Greatness of our Lord! I absolutely love verse 9, part b in this passage: What a holy, awe-inspiring name God has! I just want to stop and revel in the awesomeness that is the One True God!

No comments: