Sunday, July 19, 2009

Shhh...Be Quiet

Isaiah 30

15 This is what the Sovereign LORD,
the Holy One of Israel, says:
“Only in returning to me
and resting in me will you be saved.
In quietness and confidence is your strength.
But you would have none of it.”


Isaiah is warning faithless Judah in this passage of Scripture, but in the midst of the warning, he proclaims God’s message of hope, strength and rest. I am too guilty of the go-go-go lifestyle of a great number of Americans and a great number of Christians. Sometimes, we equate busyness with holiness. I struggle with resting in God. Quietness does not come easily for me. (Yeah, insert your own Scott joke here). I am working on slowing down, and on spending more quiet time with God. Only then, can I enjoy what God truly has in store for me…a peace that passes understanding.

No comments: