Friday, July 17, 2009

Infectious Praise

Isaiah 25

1 O LORD, I will honor and praise your name,
for you are my God.
You do such wonderful things!
You planned them long ago,
and now you have accomplished them.


In the midst of some serious and not so fun words for the people of Judah, Israel, etc. Isaiah does break out in a song of praise to God. Reminds me that in the midst of trials and tribulations, I should do the same. Paul & Silas did it in the Philippian jail, resulting in salvation coming to the entire household of the Jailer (Acts 16:25-34). Who knows but what my praise to God in the midst of trials might not have the same effect on the people around me? May my lips be filled with praise for Jesus night and day, in the good times and the bad. May my life be filled with praise for Jesus, and may that praise be infectious.

No comments: