Saturday, July 4, 2009

Be Still

Psalm 46

10 “Be still, and know that I am God!
I will be honored by every nation.
I will be honored throughout the world.”


I sit in amazement at the fact that on a day when the people of America celebrate Independence with fireworks and lots of noise, that I am reading this passage of Scripture. I am also reading/listening to the audio book, “Crazy Love” by Francis Chan, so God is definitely trying to get my attention to slow down and know that He is God (and I am not)! Today is not about America’s independence, for me today is about my Dependence on God for everything. Tomorrow will be about my total dependence on God as well. So will the next day…well, you get the pattern. In the midst of the noise of boisterous celebration, may I simply be still and know that God is God! May He be honored by every nation throughout the world.

No comments: