Monday, July 27, 2009

Putting it into Practice

Isaiah 63

7a I will tell of the LORD’s unfailing love.
I will praise the LORD for all he has done…


Yesterday, our college age folks executed a plan for a water extravaganza at our church building. We did a couple of hours for elementary age students, and a couple of hours for our teens. The details of what they planned and pulled off are not the important part here. The fact that these college students led the event in the planning stages and supervised the event as it occurred makes me bust at the seems with joy as I see God working in their lives. They did youth ministry, and I got to sit back and observe. Oh sure, I helped with some ideas in planning, and I helped fill LOTS of water balloons, but that is just it: I helped. I am praising the name of Jesus today because I see Him working in this generation, raising up folks who love Jesus and love students and anytime those two loves are combined, I am thrilled beyond words!

No comments: