Friday, July 3, 2009

Agur's Prayer

Proverbs 30

7 O God, I beg two favors from you;
let me have them before I die.
8 First, help me never to tell a lie.
Second, give me neither poverty nor riches!
Give me just enough to satisfy my needs.
9 For if I grow rich, I may deny you and say, “Who is the Lord?”
And if I am too poor, I may steal and thus insult God’s holy name.


Solomon is said to be the wisest man who ever lived, but Agur, son of Jakeh is credited with this prayer. May it be the prayer of my life, Lord. You do supply my needs and frankly many of my wants. May I be known as a man of truth, and may the material things take care of themselves in Your loving care always. It is my desire to be dependent on You daily, and to give You the praise and the glory and the honor daily as well, O God! Help me to have the attitude of Agur!

No comments: