Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Counting On Jesus

Psalm 130

3 Lord, if you kept a record of our sins,
who, O Lord, could ever survive?
4 But you offer forgiveness,
that we might learn to fear you.

5 I am counting on the Lord;
yes, I am counting on him.
I have put my hope in his word.


A record kept of my sins would be way too long; I’m sure folks would be concerned about the devastation to the rain forests because of all the paper having to be produced. Because of the Blood of Jesus, those sins have been wiped clean. I am counting on my ongoing relationship with Jesus, my attitude of fear (reverence), repentance, and the grace promised those of us who follow Christ. I put my hope in Jesus. That is the only way I can possibly stand before God on Judgment Day with any hope whatsoever. Praise God for my Lord Jesus, Who takes away my sins! Then, sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee…how great Thou Art, how great Thou Art!

No comments: