Thursday, November 10, 2011

Your Love O Lord

Psalm 108

1 My heart is confident in you, O God;

no wonder I can sing your praises with all my heart!

2 Wake up, lyre and harp!

I will wake the dawn with my song.

3 I will thank you, Lord, among all the people.

I will sing your praises among the nations.

4 For your unfailing love is higher than the heavens.

Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.

5 Be exalted, O God, above the highest heavens.

May your glory shine over all the earth.


I have spent a good part of the day talking with folks who are in the midst of marital problems, family disintegration, and severe spiritual attack. God has placed me in a position to “be there” for these folks. Not that I have any words of wisdom for them, but I am there for them. I have had the privilege of praying for four different situations today, and in each of these situations, folks are straying from God, while others are hanging on for dear life. I am praying that God’s Almighty Hand intervenes in each situation; that people turn their hearts toward Him. Meanwhile, I praise God that He allows me to approach Him on behalf of these dear ones. I am so thankful for the lovingkindness God showers upon me each day. His love reaches to the heavens, and His faithfulness stretches to the clouds. May that love and faithfulness cover the folks with whom I am spoken and prayed for today.

No comments: