Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Living the Message

Ezekiel 33

31 So my people come pretending to be sincere and sit before you. They listen to your words, but they have no intention of doing what you say. Their mouths are full of lustful words, and their hearts seek only after money. 32You are very entertaining to them, like someone who sings love songs with a beautiful voice or plays fine music on an instrument. They hear what you say, but they don’t act on it!


I know that Ezekiel is prophesying about the people of Israel in this passage, but man does it ever sound like the Church in America today! How many Sunday mornings have I had people tell me how much they “enjoyed” the message or “enjoyed” the worship service. Really? Is the message from God something we should only enjoy? No, it is something we should LIVE! The question I always want to ask, is, “what difference will today’s message make in your life?” That is the question I ask myself each Lord’s Day. If God’s Word does not bring about change in our lives then we are either already in heaven, or we are simply pretending to be sincere. Since we aren’t yet in heaven, well...

No comments: