Sunday, November 6, 2011

Challenge of Gratitude

Psalm 106

1 Praise the Lord!

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good!
His faithful love endures forever.
2 Who can list the glorious miracles of the Lord?
Who can ever praise him enough?
3 There is joy for those who deal justly with others
and always do what is right.

When I truly take stock of my life, I have nothing but gratitude for the blessings God so freely pours upon me. The challenge of gratitude for me is to not get caught up in the minutia of day-to-day living; not to get bogged down by details that may not go the way I think they should, but rather I must remember the great sacrifice Jesus made on my behalf. I must remember the blessings He pours out on me every day. I must be reminded that the only logical response to these gifts of mercy, grace, and eternal life is gratitude!

No comments: