Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Focus

Ezekiel 18

 23 “Do you think that I like to see wicked people die? says the Sovereign Lord. Of course not! I want them to turn from their and live. 24 However, if righteous people turn from their righteous behavior and start doing sinful things and act like other sinners, should they be allowed to live? No, of course not! All their righteous acts will be forgotten, and they will die for their sins.”

God does not desire than anyone would perish, but that all would come to Jesus and have eternal life. God also does not wish anyone who has once tasted eternal life through Christ to turn their back on that free gift of salvation. Alas, both scenarios play out in the lives of humans daily. Lord, help me to guide others to Christ, and to keep them focused on Christ always. May my focus be laser sharp, and may Jesus be the only One on Whom I focus.

No comments: