Monday, November 21, 2011

Fattened

James 5

5 You have spent your years on earth in luxury, satisfying your every desire. You have fattened yourselves for the day of slaughter.


After yesterday’s sermon, I am doubly convicted by this passage from James. I know that I am rich materially. I like to think about the fact that I am rich spiritually, but I way too often ignore the fact that by the standards of the majority of the people who inhabit this planet, I am filthy rich. May I be even more inclined to use the material blessings I have for the glory of God. Yeah, in many ways I do pretty good in this regard, and in so many other ways, I simply live a life satisfying my every desire, fattened up for the day of slaughter. Forgive me, O God. May I repent of this sin and live accordingly.

No comments: