Thursday, November 24, 2011

Proper Living

1 Peter 2

11 Dear friends, I warn you as “temporary residents and foreigners” to keep away from worldly desires that wage war against your very souls. 12 Be careful to live properly among your unbelieving neighbors. Then even if they accuse you of doing wrong, they will see your honorable behavior, and they will give honor to God when he judges the world.


Living properly includes loving others as Christ loves them. It includes putting the wants of others above your needs. It entails behaving in such a way as to attract others to Christ. I have a long way to go achieve these goals, but I am blessed to be surrounded by family and loved ones in Christ who keep me focused and balanced. On this day of Thanksgiving, I simply want to praise God for the abundant blessings showered upon me. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am the most blessed man on this planet. May those blessings overflow to folks around me, so that they may experience the love of Christ that dwells in me daily.

No comments: