Friday, November 11, 2011

Encouraged

Hebrews 10

23 Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise. 24 Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. 25 And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.


Meeting together with other believers on a regular basis is crucial if I am to hold tightly without wavering to the hope I affirm. I know that God can be trusted to keep His promise, but I also know that I am easily distracted by the things of this world. I am easily led astray by my own desires. I need the encouragement of brothers and sisters in Christ to hang in there. I love the fact that I not only get to meet with the body of believers known as Vero Christian Church each Lord’s Day, but that I am involved in small groups, praise team, and a couple of different mentoring situations. Having these sprinkled throughout my week keeps me on track, and keeps me encouraged. I praise God for these people and these times of meeting together. I wish everyone had such times of meeting throughout their week as well. The body of Christ would be greatly strengthened by such meetings.

No comments: