Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I Know Better

1 Peter 1

13 So think clearly and exercise self-control. Look forward to the gracious salvation that will come to you when Jesus Christ is revealed to the world. 14 So you must live as God’s obedient children. Don’t slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You didn’t know any better then. 15 But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy. 16 For the Scriptures say, “You must be holy because I am holy.”


As a follower of Christ for the past couple of decades, I SHOULD be more clear in my thinking and much better at self-control than I was earlier in my walk. I cannot always say that this is the case, but it certainly is my desire. As Peter reminds me in this passage: “Don’t slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You didn’t know any better then.” But, I DO know better now. It is up to me to live as an obedient child of God, being holy because God is Holy. I know better, so I SHOULD live better.

No comments: