Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Use Stuff, Love People

Luke 16

9 “Here’s the lesson: Use your worldly resources to benefit others and make friends. Then, when your earthly possessions are gone, they will welcome you to an eternal home.”


Jesus has just told the parable of the shrewd manager, and I love the way the NLT ends this story. These are the words of Jesus recorded in verse 9. He says that we should use worldly resources to benefit others and make friends. I view my “stuff” as ministry tools. Nothing more, nothing less. May my attitude towards stuff always be this way. Please, Lord, help me to use stuff and love people, not the other way around. May I be shrewd with the material blessings I have been given, and may those blessings be a blessing to others in the name of Jesus always.

No comments: