Friday, April 1, 2011

Sleepyheads

Luke 9

28 About eight days later Jesus took Peter, John, and James up on a mountain to pray. 29 And as he was praying, the appearance of his face was transformed, and his clothes became dazzling white. 30 Suddenly, two men, Moses and Elijah, appeared and began talking with Jesus. 31 They were glorious to see. And they were speaking about his exodus from this world, which was about to be fulfilled in Jerusalem.

32 Peter and the others had fallen asleep. When they woke up, they saw Jesus’ glory and the two men standing with him.


I never noticed this before. When Jesus took his closest buds up on the Mount of Transfiguration, they fell asleep! Look at verse 32! I mean, Jesus brings them with Him to pray. We know that Jesus was a champion of prayer and that He could pray for very long periods of time, but this is almost a preview of what would happen regarding Jesus praying and his men sleeping in the Garden of Gethsemane. Lord, help me to watch and pray so that I do not fall into temptation, and help me to stay awake! I don’t want to sleep when You ask me to be vigilant. I don’t want to snooze through important stuff. I want to be the man Yo want me to be alert and ready for action.

No comments: