Monday, April 25, 2011

The Least I Could Do

Luke 22

41 He walked away, about a stone’s throw, and knelt down and prayed, 42 “Father, if you are willing, please take this cup of suffering away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine.” 43 Then an angel from heaven appeared and strengthened him. 44 He prayed more fervently, and he was in such agony of spirit that his sweat fell to the ground like great drops of blood.

To think that Jesus sweat blood because of knowing that He was going to suffer so terribly for my sins just blows me away. We have just celebrated Resurrection Sunday and on this side of those celebrations I am determined to be more intentional in my public proclamation that Jesus is Lord. It is the very least I can do. I mean all He did was pay the price for my sins by dying on the cross, raising from the dead and ascending into heaven to talk to God the Father on my behalf. He’s coming back to collect the church and take them to be with Him forever. Yeah, the very least I could do is live my life for Him.

No comments: