Thursday, April 21, 2011

God of the Living

Luke 20

37 “But now, as to whether the dead will be raised—even Moses proved this when he wrote about the burning bush. Long after Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob had died, he referred to the Lord as ‘the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.’ 38 So he is the God of the living, not the dead, for they are all alive to him.”

39 “Well said, Teacher!” remarked some of the teachers of religious law who were standing there. 40 And then no one dared to ask him any more questions.

I agree with some of the religious leaders here when they said, “well said, Teacher!” Jesus nails it on the head when He proclaims that God is the God of the living, not the dead. Those who follow Jesus, obey the Gospel , and love God and people will live with God the Creator of heaven and earth forever and ever. While we may experience physical death, we will never have to experience spiritual death (separation from God). It is that hope to which I cling every day. No matter what the world throws my way. No matter the challenges ahead. I praise God for loving me and for saving me. I praise God for the opportunity to serve Him daily.

No comments: