Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Daily Praises

Psalm 89

1 I will sing of the Lord’s unfailing love forever!

Young and old will hear of your faithfulness.

2 Your unfailing love will last forever.

Your faithfulness is as enduring as the heavens.


Like Ethan the Ezrahite, who wrote this Psalm, I want my life to be marked by daily praise of my Lord and Creator. Not just the words of my lips, but my very lifestyle. Again, I don’t want the rocks along the road to have to take my job in praising God! It is easy to get distracted by the drudgery of daily living, by the routine of regular schedules, and by the same ole same ole. May I look at every new day as just that: a new day in which I get the privilege of praising the Almighty Creator of heaven and earth. After all, God is worthy of that praise and more.

No comments: