Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Father Forgive Them

Luke 23

34 Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they don’t know what they are doing.”

As the Roman soldiers nailed Jesus to the cross, this is the prayer He uttered. More comforting words cannot be found in all of the Scriptures. Jesus prays for our forgiveness while suffering for our sins. Jesus overlooks our ignorance. How many times has Jesus prayed this very prayer on my behalf over the years? Too many to truly want to consider. Way too many to count. May I leave the ways of ignorance, and cling to the Word of God every day of my life. Thank You, Lord for the forgiveness I receive from You daily. Help me to live in such a way as to bring You glory and honor, not shame and reproach. Help me to no longer live in ignorance, but to live in such a way as to lift up Your Name daily.

No comments: