Friday, November 5, 2010

Rebellion

Ezekiel 12

 1 Again a message came to me from the Lord: 2 “Son of man, you live among rebels who have eyes but refuse to see. They have ears but refuse to hear. For they are a rebellious people."

I am far from being a prophet, but I do indeed recognize the fact that I live among rebels who have eyes but refuse to see and ears but refuse to hear. I’m not talking about the pagans, either. I’m talking about those who claim to follow Christ, then turn and run in the opposite direction. I’m talking about those who say, “I love Jesus” in one breath, while spewing hatred for their fellow man in the next. I’m talking about folks who sit in church services every week and hear God’s Word proclaimed, only to walk out the doors with no intention of putting that Word into action. How blessed we are to have such a patient God! May we repent of our sins against Him, and stop living in rebellion!

No comments: