Sunday, November 21, 2010

Patience

James 5

7
Dear brothers and sisters, be patient as you wait for the Lord’s return. Consider the farmers who patiently wait for the rains in the fall and in the spring. They eagerly look for the valuable harvest to ripen. 8 You, too, must be patient. Take courage, for the coming of the Lord is near.


Patience is not just a virtue, it is a command! I am so terrible in obeying this command. Patience is something that God continues teaching me, because I need to learn it. I must, because God keeps placing me in situations where patience is required. I know that my greatest need for patience is in the area of praying for the return of my Lord and Savior, Jesus. I pray for Him to return every day, but I also know that if this is not the Day, then that must mean there is still plenty of Kingdom work for me to do. May I do so, lovingly, willingly, and patiently.

No comments: