Monday, November 29, 2010

Forgetful Lot We Are

2 Peter 3

1
This is my second letter to you, dear friends, and in both of them I have tried to stimulate your wholesome thinking and refresh your memory. 2 I want you to remember what the holy prophets said long ago and what our Lord and Savior commanded through your apostle
s.

We are a forgetful lot. Peter recognized that, thus his letters were sent out to remind people to stay focused on the Lord Jesus, and not be drawn away by liars who pervert the Gospel for their own evil purposes. Staying in the Word every day is the BEST way to avoid such a pitfall. Thank You, Lord for giving me the ability to read and comprehend Your Word, and for giving me the desire to spend time in the Bible on a regular basis. May my life reflect what I am daily being reminded of and learning!

No comments: