Monday, November 8, 2010

Judgement and Sin

Ezekiel 9

 4 For all people are mine to judge—both parents and children alike. And this is my rule: The person who sins is the one who will die.


It is not my place to judge, for only God is able to judge in fairness and holiness. God’s Word contains judgement for those who disobey Him. A sinner is a sinner not because I call them a sinner, but because God calls them a sinner. Those who disobey what God clearly states in His Word must answer to the Righteous Judge. It is my duty to point out sinful actions and urge those guilty of such actions to repent. That is NOT judging. That is simply attempting to open the eyes of those who are blinded by sin. May I do so in love always. May I remember that when someone reminds me of sin in my life, that they are doing me a favor by calling me to repentance. God’s judgement is clear: the one who sins will die (be separated from God for eternity). I have no desire to be counted among those folks, nor do I want anyone I know to be counted among those folks, either!

No comments: