Sunday, November 7, 2010

Heartfelt Counsel

Proverbs 27

 9 The heartfelt counsel of a friend
      is as sweet as perfume and incense.

As I read this passage, I miss the face-to-face contact with my dear brothers in Christ from the days when we all were ministering in the Tri-State region of KY, Ohio, and WV. Today, I miss Brent Baker, Jeff Sagstetter, Jeff Patrick, Jason Thomas, and Tracy Tooley. I miss the times when we were able to be together, counsel one another, laugh together, cry together, and cut-up together (not necessarily in that order). In the ten years I have been in Florida, I have not forged that kind of close bond with fellow ministers here. I have some buds that I truly enjoy hanging out with, but I miss my best friends and brothers in ministry. I praise God for technology, because even though we aren’t in the same physical location any longer (literally scattered around the country), we can still be in contact via cellphone, text message, Facebook, etc. I truly appreciate the heartfelt counsel I still receive from my brothers from afar.

No comments: