Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Give Me Jesus

1 Peter 2


11 Dear friends, I warn you as “temporary residents and foreigners” to keep away from worldly desires that wage war against your very souls.


It is a daily struggle to remember and to live like someone who is not a resident of this world. My citizenship is in the Kingdom of Christ. I am a resident alien in the United States of America. The American Dream is NOT my dream. I desire to follow Christ and His teachings always. That puts me at odds with the prevailing culture in this land. So be it. Jesus was at odds with the prevailing culture when he walked the planet. May I stay focused on His example, and live my life to the best of my ability in following Him daily. I know all too well, the war waging against my very soul. I lose plenty of battles in that war, but I am striving towards victory that has been secured by Jesus. As the songwriter put it: “You can have all of this world, give me Jesus.”

No comments: