Thursday, October 28, 2010

Proper Political Behavior

Titus 3

  1 Remind the believers to submit to the government and its officers. They should be obedient, always ready to do what is good.


Make no mistake about it, I vehemently disagree with the direction this nation is heading. The politicians in charge are diametrically opposed to my way of thinking, and vice versa. The same held true in the 1st century when it came to governmental leaders and followers of Christ. Yet, Paul says to submit, be obedient, and always ready to do what is good. I believe that with all my heart. I do submit to my governmental leaders, I obey the law of the land, I pray for them, and I am ready to do good. By voting against them. By educating others. By participating in the political process with respect for all parties. Especially those with whom I disagree.

No comments: